Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Beeyah

Phoebe talks mostly in one word sentences.  Sometimes she doesn't even pronounce a whole word.  Like milk still comes out as "MUH"

For the last year though, Phoebe has been saying "beeyah."  This is her own made-up, all purpose word.  It means, "I want that", "more",  "again" or sometimes "two".  

Phoebe started saying this around last August, and it is so cute that she still says it.  It will be a very, very sad time in my life when Phoebe doesn't say beeyah any more.

Phoebe has been cracking me up lately during her naps.  She has two of her favorite blankie, that way she always has at least one around to cuddle and sleep with.  When she discovered she has two she gets super excited and starts telling me that there's more than one blankie.  "Beeyah! Beeyah!" and laughing to herself.  

In her book of Rogers and Hammerstein songs, there is a page that has little pictures in a pattern as a border at the bottom. Phoebe pointed to all the moons in the pattern, saying "Beeyah!" for each one, telling me that she has found another moon!

Here is a little video of Phoebe at 15 months saying beeyah for more ice cream.  Cordelia says that it is actually "breeyah," and usually I do not agree, but there is one beeyah in there towards the start that could also be more of a breeyah.  


I love you Phoebe-beeyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment