Sunday, April 22, 2018

Climbing and Giggling

This week was pretty quiet.  We just had our OT appointment with Lisa.  She thinks Phoebe's hand is doing better and that her cyst has actually started to go down.  I agree!  Phoebe still does not like her hand touched though.  Lisa was speculating that maybe she's just trained herself to guard her hand and that she's not really in discomfort.  Oh man, I hope that could be the case.

This week we did a soapy water tub and a bird seed tub for sensory play.  They use a deeper container than I would, so Phoebe's hand has to go further into the material.  I usually go for something wider, so there's less spillage and more children can reach in.


Phoebe has been super active and getting into mischief!  This girl wants to climb on everything!  Just look at what she did--- she climbed up the back of the bench like a ladder to look into the laundry room when its window was open!



Someone left a giant bear at the playground and Phoebe just loved it so much.  It was actually left behind because it had been thrown up on the awning, but I was able to reach it and pull it down.  Phoebe has continued to talk about the bear since coming home, pointing toward the outside and saying "up" when she saw a picture of it, as she remembers it was up high.




Phoebe also mastered using the "stairs" to climb onto her little slide!  She saw our neighbor do it and then tried it successfully herself.





I had a voicemail and follow up email from Dr. B on Thursday.  She mentioned that even though Phoebe's approval letter says the infusions can be 6 to 8 weeks apart, she is actually approved for unlimited infusions.  I had been going to ask about that, so that's good to know.  She said we can keep our May 3rd appointment, and she can also come and visit Phoebe for her check up there, rather than in her W.C. office on May 9th.  She then told me I have to call the infusion center to schedule the next 2 treatments.  Friday was kind of a busy day, and I didn't get around to it... though to be honest I was kind of avoiding it.  I'm really, really scared of how these infusions are going to go and I don't wanna do it.  But on Monday I will make myself call.  :(

I'm scared of these medicines and upset we have to do them and scared that they are going to make my happy baby not feel good or do something weird to her body.  It seems like Phoebe is doing so well right now!

I've been trying to video Phoebe giggles.  It's basically my favorite sound in the world.  I'll put them here to cheer you up.

Cordelia was trying to wrap her in a blanket and Phoebe was not cooperating.

Here is a ridiculous video of Phoebe playing the piano/organ music with her feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment