Thursday, May 31, 2018

Lemonade for Phoebe

I posted about this on Facebook, but I realized I never recorded it in the blog.

My mom works as the librarian at my old elementary school.

The students, staff, and parents raised $500 for the Arthritis Foundation.

The student council gave the proceeds from their dance ($5 tickets) and their monthly lemonade stand became "Lemonade for Phoebe." The third grade "Green Team" donated their money from recycling. And all month, random parents and kids have been donating cash and checks for the Team, and a few specifically to our family, even though they’ve never met us.



My mom was at last able to get a picture from the sale... I just love it!  

She also told me stories that when the third grade class came to the library with their funds, they all stood around chanting "Phoebe! Phoebe! Phoebe!"  

Awwwwww.  Yes, you can imagine this all made me cry!!  

So grateful to my mom for going above and beyond with getting everyone involved!  We felt so much love from the last month, it's really incredible.  

In fact, I'm a little burned out and falling down on being a good mama... I still need to organize a little birthday party for Cordelia.  She wants to have a treasure hunt in our park where she always has her birthday.  I'm sorry, Cordelia... we will celebrate belatedly.  

Cordelia's cold finally is seeming to be getting a little bit better today.  Phoebe is coughing pretty hard.  She was up in the night and needed me to sit with her for some time.  I can hear her coughing more right now.  I'm hoping she will have a better night as we leave early to head out to Stanford tomorrow! Fingers crossed we get good traffic and don't have to wait hours and hours!  

We also have to do a shot tomorrow to stay on schedule.  


No comments:

Post a Comment