Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Staying Active

Phoebe has been very active and on the go.  On Saturday I took the girls to the park and Phoebe was loving going on swings and slides.  Though she is back to wanting to sit in my lap for slides.  She bonked her head going down one a while ago and has been much more hesitant about going down alone or without me holding her hand since.








We had PT this afternoon and Phoebe was just super excited and wanting to do everything.  She was not struggling at all.  She climbed up the slide (with a little help).  She wanted to get all the balls out of the net to play with.  She also touched a koosh ball for the first time and her response was hilarious--- she was repulsed.  She did not know what to expect when she first reached out and immediately drew her hand back and cringed as if she'd touched something yucky.  Eventually she was ok and held it.

Tiffany showed Phoebe how to roll over!  She will need some practice!






This is the train roller coaster that Phoebe loves.  Cordelia loves it too and will spend much of her time scooting around the room making "deliveries" of toys.



Phoebe saw a big kid standing on the swing and swinging really fast.  When she got on the swing, all on her own, she decided to stand up.  Phoebe is getting really good at observing and immitating people.  Another example---Iin the bath tonight, I wiped up some stray droplets of water at the edge of the tub so I could sit on it to wash the girls' hair.  Phoebe saw me do this and helpfully decided to do the same with her wet wash cloth.  Thanks for giving me a nice puddle to sit on, Phoebe!

Anyway, after PT we did end up going to explore the garden and both girls just had a wonderful time climbing on rocks and finding baby ladybugs (larvae stage).  Here are pretty pics.







Cordelia decided this was "pride rock" from the Circle of Life song (she's yet to see Lion King herself)

Okay, in non-blog or arthritis related news, I'm also going to just go ahead and mark a personal writing milestone.  My fluff piece distraction of creative writing that I've been working on for some time finally made it over 200 pages (54,700 words) and is obviously the longest thing I've even written.  I was stalled out in the 190s for ages.  It's completely unsharable and has no proper plot, but it's been a good exercise in just getting me to be better at writing down whatever the heck comes into my head.  This blog is also useful for that.  At some point, maybe I can figure out how to write a proper novel.  But in the meantime, it's been nice to have an escape because otherwise I don't know how my brain would take everything that's happened.   

T-2days till Remicade. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment