Thursday, May 24, 2018

PHOEBE WENT POOP ON THE POTTY! 💩

ha ha ha, what you thought this blog wouldn't be there to document this huge accomplishment??

For months, Phoebe has been telling me when she goes pee, when she is lying in bed falling asleep.  She says "poop" for pee, but anyway, she's aware that something comes out.

On Saturday, before giving the girls a bath after the Walk, Phoebe's diaper was still dry.  She has several times peed in the tub, so I told her,  "Phoebe go pee pee!"  She held very still and then gave me a huge smile and the tell-tale stripe on her diaper turned from yellow to blue right before my eyes.  She went pee on command.

 Phoebe has also been wanting to sit on the big potty for some time, in imitation of Cordelia.  She pretty much just "wipes" with toilet paper and then gets off immediately.

Well, on Sunday, after her peeing on command, when she asked to sit on the potty and I sat down with her and very seriously told her to go pee pee.  And what do you know, she did!  She went potty 3 times that day.  I mean, always with me sitting her on the potty, but she's learning how to use those muscles.

Well, tonight, she went POOP!  She wanted to flush it right away, but I made her stop so we could go and get Jason and Cordelia to show them and then we all had a big potty dance party!  I kinda wanted to give her an M&M to celebrate, but she had just brushed her teeth.  And honestly, everything you read about being self-motivated to potty train says treats aren't really necessary.... so I refrained.  Anyway, I totally gave Cordelia little treats and 3 years later we still get into huge power struggles of when it's time to go potty.  So Phoebe, you just go and do whatever you want!

Cordelia went potty quite a bit around 18 months, even pooped in the potty several times, but then she lost interest and waited until 2 months before she turned 3 to get into it.  And I've potty trained with many children at school, so I have no real expectations... definitely not going underwear shopping.  But it is a big milestone.  Goooooo Phoebe!!!

Phoebe has finally decided to be sick.  She is sooooo congested.... snotty nose and coughing from post-nasal drip.  I think she and Cordelia have a virus, because I am sick with the same symptoms on top of already being on anti biotics due to the strep and ear infection from Friday!  I mean, I guess it's hard to say with Phoebe, but I think she would be sicker if she had strep.  Cordelia certainly is not complaining for sore throat among her symptoms and I think they have the same thing.

Phoebe slept really poorly last night, woke herself up coughing and then started getting out of bed and calling for me.  I tried to leave a couple times, but she just woke up again and I ended up sleeping with her most of the night.  Poor little baby.  So I decided we should hold off on the mtx shot tonight.

People are kind of mixed on skipping shots due to illness.  Obviously if she had a fever of 101+, don't do it.  But other people say they skip if their child is sick.... or have stories of the one time they didn't skip and then their child's infection turned into pneumonia.  Yikes, how do you choose?  I don't know, but Phoebe was definitely not herself today, and I just couldn't bear to do the shot on top of it.  Her infusion was Friday, so we could do it tomorrow or even Saturday and still have wiggle room to get back to Thursdays before June 14th (next infusion).  I'd just rather wait and give her another day or so to fight off her germs.  That's what my mama gut is telling me to do, so we'll just go with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment