Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Feb 26

No doctor's appointments today, yay!  Instead, it took us forever to get out of the house this morning because we had to dole out all the medicines to unwilling children.

At the end of last week, I emailed the parents I work with just to let them know a little of what's been going on and to explain my absences from the classroom.  I got several very sweet notes in response.  Then today, I was surprised at work by one of the mom's from my class.  She brought me a home made lasagna, an organic chocolate bar, some chocolate covered coffee beans, crackers, and a wedge of brie, and a tiny, tiny bottle of wine!  I was overwhelmed!  So sweet!

Phoebe has been fighting her naps, but overall had a really good day, despite eye drops.  Her nose is runny, but she is doing ok.  Cordelia still has fever (101-103 today), cough, and congestion.  Also, (tmi ahead) even though I started her on a probiotic along with it, the azithromyacin is giving her mushy poops.  I was worried about that with it being just a 5 day course of meds, obviously stronger stuff.  She explained to me that her poop was green because of all the broccoli and spinach she ate.  Thank you for that analysis, Cordelia!

Phoebe on the other hand would look at such vegetables and say "Bleah!"  Even with foods that she likes, she is very unpredictable.  What she ate one day, she will refuse the next!  Now that she can say "no", you can just keep offering her stuff, and she will say no to everything, but still demand that she wants "EAT!"  Very fickle, child!!

Fortunately, she ended up loving the lasagna!  In fact, dinner was pretty much the Twilight Zone.  Phoebe ate tons of lasagna, chicken, and even broccoli.  I'll be shocked if she does that again, she has refused broccoli for months.  But tonight she ate it and even said "Bee-yah!", which is her made up, all-purpose word for "more" or "yes" or "I want that."  This also makes 2 nights in a row that she ate chicken!

Gobbling up dinner!!!



No instagram worthy pic, but I just wanted you to see--- how nice!!!  


At one point I also got a good look inside Phoebe's mouth today.  Our girl is cutting some lower molars.  These are her 2 year molars, but given that she started cutting teeth super early, I have been expecting these to come up sooner rather than later.  She has been gnawing on spoons and things, but this is the first time I've gotten a look at her gums.  It adds just one more thing her little body is going through, but I'll glad to get them out of the way.



Tomorrow we start methotrexate!


UPDATE:

Also, I just got an email with Phoebe's latest medical bills from Stanford Children's Health.  Her pre-insurance expenses in the last month have totaled $16,278.

And that does not even include the MRI, as that was done elsewhere.

The joint injections alone were $13,993.  The anesthesia was $1080.  Looks like we are paying $0 for those, thank God.

But seriously,

UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE.  

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??? HEALTH CARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT!!!  Crippling health care costs are INHUMANE!  Who even puts a price tag on my child's life?!





No comments:

Post a Comment