Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Feb 28th- Methotrexate = Great?!

WOW.

For the long, long list of side effects and risks of this potentially toxic drug that I just injected into my daughter's leg yesterday, the most immediate results are shockingly great!  I was expecting her to be feeling badly today, from everything I'd read.

Instead, Phoebe was like a different child.  She was running around like wild!!

My class had an evening presentation today, so I actually stayed at work, rather than try and run back and forth, and likely mess up Phoebe's nap schedules.  But that turned out to be irrelevant because Phoebe refused to slow down to take naps today!  Meme said she slept maybe like 30 minutes all day.
It is mind boggling, she was so energetic.  Also, she ate her entire bento box of lunch over the course of the day.  Usually she will pick at it or just flat our reject something.

I can only assume the joint injections and the methotrexate are helping her feel better.  It is funny that we don't even know what her personality is like to be out of pain.  Hell, she doesn't even know what her own personality is like!

I hope Phoebe will continue to do ok after and continue to tolerate methotrexate!!  Please give us some good results here!

I took some quick videos, trying to catch her energy and activity level.  They're kinda cute, so here ya go.


Ok, I should maybe edit out the part where she then announces that she's about to poop, but it just cracks me up.  If she didn't have 10,000 other problems going on right now, I would totally offer this girl a potty chair! 



This hallway is the perfect place to measure Phoebe's steps.  Compare this to the video where she could barely walk, crying and whimpering in pain.  Wow! (sorry it's a bit dim)  She is excited about our cat Belle.


And here she is again, quick as can be!  Running on fumes here, just before bedtime, with next to no naps!!

Some things to observe:  Her gait is still not great.   Sometimes she is falling, her legs give out.  She is crawling a lot, which I don't know how to interpret.  It seems like crawling would take a lot of pressure on the knees, so she must be feeling better, right?  But does she crawl because walking is still difficult?

Several times now, I have seen her doing this type of walk, where she is putting her arms behind her and rotating them a little.  I wonder if this is because her elbow is feeling better from the injections? Dr. B had asked me on Friday if I thought her elbow had improved at all.  I told her that I really couldn't say, that I felt like a bad mom, but without her identifying it as a problem spot, I never would have known.  I see hre use her amrs,  carry things, but don't fully know how to judge the extent to which a toddler should move around.  She was functional, if not fully able to extend it.  Her response was "You are NOT a bad mom... and you'd already seen 2 other doctors who didn't notice it was a problem."  I still don't really know how to judge it, I don't exactly go around trying to twist and pull her arm in funny directions, but if she is rotating it like this, maybe it is better?

Phoebe has a light bruise on her back/butt.  The other day, I can't remember if it was yesterday or the day before, she also had a light bruise on her inner thigh.  She has been plopping herself down a lot lately.....I think some of these meds can make you bruise.... I took pictures to keep an eye out for any changes.  You know, don't want there to be any internal bleeding or anything Serious, because of course that's where my paranoid mind has to go now.  ðŸ˜£

Eye drops continue to get easier. Here is Phoebe giving eye drops to her dog.








No comments:

Post a Comment