Thursday, February 8, 2018

Feb 8th

Well, the difference between today and yesterday is a big a change as night and day.  Night and DAY, guys.  That ibuprofen is some seriously important stuff.  Today, Phoebe bounced back and was much more mobile.  And there was a sparkle in her eyes again, which is what I truly miss on the days that have not been so great lately.

We also put the new electric blanket on her in the morning and got her to sit in my lap for a while.  I don't think she loves having it on her legs.  She is not a blanket user for sleep anyway, she doesn't like to be covered up (though she sleeps with her lovey blankie).  Maybe being constricted doesn't feel that great.

In the afternoon, Phoebe took a shorter nap than usual, but did ok.  The neighborhood kids invited Cordelia to come out to play, so we went out.  Phoebe took off down the road!  She walked and walked!  Here are two little videos of it.  I think she would have tried to pick up the basketball, but she didn't like that her sweater was coming unzipped.



Walk, Walk, Walk, Walk, Walk!  You go girl!

But at the same time, it kills me that this is what a great day is looking like right now.  😢

We actually went to the playground and Phoebe crawled up the play structure steps to get to the slide.  She went down in my lap.  We did it 3 times.  She was really enjoying it!  

In doctor news, I called the rheumatologist scheduling, but they didn't seem to have a referral from Dr. Jen.  She had said her nurse Nacy was going to send it over today and I called around 4:30.  But I was able to give most of the information they needed, such as a possible diagnosis, so the lady on the phone was still able to make me an appointment.  They are booked solid until April 4th, which sounds really really far away.  She also put us on the cancelation list, but I'm sure there are lots of other patients on it too.  Anyway, I'm glad that I been warned by the Facebook group that seeing a rheumy was going to take time, so I was not hugely shocked.  But also glad I felt comfortable enough talking to Dr. Jen and saying that I wanted to get moving on that route, because.... so far away. I will text Dr. Jen and probably wait until after the MRI, to see if Dr. H will want her to be seen sooner or if he will start moving forward with some sort of treatment plan??  I will definitely be willing to go to a further away location or see someone else to get seen sooner.  But at least for now, it's in the books.



No comments:

Post a Comment